Auxiliary Cruiser Badge (Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer)
The Auxiliary Cruiser Badge (German: Kriegsabzeichen für Hilfskreuzer) was a World War II German military decoration awarded to officers and men of the Kriegsmarine for service on Auxiliary Cruisers or the supply ships that supported them for a successful large voyage. The award was instituted on 24 April, 1941 by Grand Admiral Erich Raeder. During World War II mainly the u-boats, but also other ships needed to be supplied at sea to continue their patrol with minimum time lost on refueling and supply.
Designed by Wilhelm Ernst Peekhaus in Berlin, the award featured a Viking longship sailing over the northern hemisphere of the globe surrounded by a laurel wreath of oak leaves. At the apex of the badge was an eagle clutching a swastika. The wreath, eagle and ship were in gilt and the globe area gray coloured. Versions were produced in silver, tombac and zinc.
A special presentation version, featuring diamonds inlaid on the swastika, was presented in January 1942 by Grand Admiral Raeder to Kapitän zur See Bernhard Rogge, commander of the German auxiliary cruiser Atlantis.
This is a non-political website. Items sold on this site are for collectors, re-enactors or historical research purposes only. Any other use is strictly prohibited. We do not condone, encourage, or promote Nazism or anything associated with Adolf Hitler's Nazi Germany. We express deep sincerity and empathy for those affected by Nazism in all way. We supporting re-enactors units and historical researchers of Second World War in our country.